Wednesday, 2 November 2011

Illamasqua Hemlock, Queen of the Night & Datura Review! Part 2

Next on to the makeup part of the Freak collection. I got these items in the set with the Freak fragrance and I am so glad I managed to get these as according to the MUA at Illamasqua, the makeup is super limited.

First thing from the set is the nail polish in the shade Hemlock, and this is by far my favorite thing out the three. It is so multi purpose, you can use it just by itself for a unique look or even layer it on any colour for a crazy depth of colour and shimmer! I think I am going to pick up another bottle of this before it goes because I can't stop looking at my nails and I never want to be without it.




(This is only one coat, and as you can she it is rather sheer, you would need three coats for full opacity)

The next product is the pure pigment in Queen of the Night, this is the only thing from the set that I am disappointed in. As you can see from the swatches below it blends out really badly. I really don't like giving Illamasqua bad reviews as I love the brand so much but when you blend this product out it is really sheer, patchy and you loose most of the colour. When on the lid, packed on, it looks stunning but as it is such a dark colour you would want to blend it in to the crease which you can't do :/ sad times. The other bad thing is the amount of product for the price, it is £15.50 for 1.3g, which is rather pricey. But apart from those things, it is a beautiful colour and when applied wet on your lid it does look amazing.






Finally is the Sheer Lip gloss in Datura, there is not much to say about this product. It is a really unique colour, slightly purple, with a plum undertone. It is also classed as one of Illamasqua's Sheer Lip gloss's but it is quite pigmented, which I really like. All of Illamasqua's lip products are amazing and totally worth every penny!





Have an amazing day!
Matt
x

1 comment:

  1. Great vid. This set looks amazing, I'll keep my eye out for it x

    ReplyDelete